Re: Know your Audis...the Audi 90

On Wed, 7 Aug 1996, Jeff McMeekin - WWFO Training wrote:

> I'm thinking about buying another Audi (but can't afford the yellow A4 that
> calls to me).  I drove a V6 90, but that didn't excite me too much.

> I'm curious about the 20V Audi 90s.  What sort of horsepower
> did they make with that engine (US version).  Did Audi every
> put a turbo engine in the 90?

The 20V 90 is boatloads better than the 10V 90, but there is still less
horsepower than the v6, but only like 8hp. The 20V probably (and I dont
know this for a fact, because Ive never timed it) slower than the v6, but
it FEELS faster. I have the 20V after driving the v6, and it just felt
better to me.

They put a turbo in it, and called it an S2 (although that was really the
coupe and not the 90 (2 door version)) but it never made it to the US.

bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily Down!!!)
The Southern New England Telephone Co.	     |Phone: 203-771-7081
Information and Technology Center            |Fax:   203-773-3398
300 George St. New Haven CT  06510           |Pager: Dont count on it

             Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro