The Sunday Times today states that the Boxster uses what is effectively a
sealed engine.  Spark plugs, apparently, are changed from underneath.

(Should stop rubbish dropping in the hole, at least.)

I can see that it wouldn't make much difference in the first few years, when
the car is under warranty and being maintained by a main dealer.  But I think
the long-term resale value might be affected.

 Phil Payne