RE: new project car

Well gang,
It seems that the 4k turbo quattro project has taken a different course.
Last night I purchased an 81 4k 5+5 2dr.

So, I'll be transforming this car into the turbo quattro rather than my
85 4ksq.

Looks like fun, should be a blast. Yeah, it'll be a bit of work, but
given that this is the pan that the factory used to homologate the
SportQ, should provide for an interesting finished project.
Todd Candey

You positive about that? Does the 81 4K have a tunnel for the propshaft and appropriate subframe mounting points for the rear suspension?
I thought the Q Sport was based on a shortened ur-q/4KQ pan.....