[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: HELP with exhaust studs
you just wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, it was helpful. I will take you up on that parts
>list when you can get to it.
1. Gasket, exh mfld to head,1 & 2 cyl. #068 129 589A
2. Gasket, exh mfld to head,3,4 & 5 cyl. #068 129 589B
3. Gasket, exh mfld to turbo #035 129 589D
4. Gasket, turbo to downpipe #447 253 115
5. Gasket, intake mfld to head #034 129 717H
6. Gasket, oil line to turbo #035 145 733D
7. Gasket, oil line from turbo #035 145 757D
8. Stud, exh mfld to head #N 044 411 5
9. Nut, exh mfld to head #N 902 002 01
10. Washer, exh mfld to head - I always reuse them
11.All 8mm lock nuts and bolts, related to exhaust - generic
This a partial list, essentials only. You might need something else too.
>our cars seem to be the same however, since mine has been down with
>this injury I dont call it tornado red it's more like Tomatoe red(rotten).
That is a minor injury, it will be flying again soon.
> I have added a charlie smith spring to the waste gate and now get 1.7bar.
BTW, what is this misterious "charlie smith spring"?
> I am at 85,000mi, when did your studs go?
I have no clue, the first owner did not give a crap about it, I had
inherited the stud thing @76k.
'89 200TQ, chipped and MOMO'd through out,
in Tornado "arrest-me-officer" Red;
'88 Fox, "the FOX machine";
ex '85 5000s, "the EE's nightmare"
Phila PA, USA