[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
re: break-in and oil
1) I'd change the oil every 3 mos/3750 i addition
to their schedule.
2) Contrary to Dan's post, the dealer mechancis
do NOT say that the oil is special break-in oil;
I asked. It appears to be regular 10-40.
3) I would not use synthetic for the first 10k or so,
also on the mechanic's advice.
4) My source _could_ be wrong, he's not factory, he's
the US dealer, but this is more than "speculation".
5) re; Varrying speed. You can both vary your speed, AND
change gears occasionally. The ghoal here is to avoid
patterns of wear associated with a single engine speed -
that might result in either tight or "not straight" / "
not entirely round" cylinder walls (at a small scale).