Re: 80Q engine - Interference?

On Wed, 2 Oct 1996, Andrew Duane USG/PE wrote:

> Hairy green toads from Mars made Jeff Loh say:
> Common wisdom is that the 10V NA engine is non-interference.
> However, I just got back from my shop, who assures me that the
> 10V engine will bang/bend if going fast enough....

What does speed have to do with it? Do the valves or pistons get LONGER
at higher rpm's? :)  No, the 10V NA will not interfere. Broke the timing
belt on the 4kq once at about 7K, it actually ran for a bit too, and got
me home. No problems.

bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily Down!!!)
               Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro