Re: 80Q engine - Interference?

On Thu, 3 Oct 1996, Darin Nederhoff wrote:

> >-- [ From: human * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --
> >
> >> Broke the timing  belt on the 4kq once at about 7K, it actually ran for a
> >>bit too, and got  me home. No problems.
> >
> >Bob - how do you drive a car with a broken timing belt?
> >
> Downhill???   ;)

Ya know...after thinking about it, and saying "Dad, nobody beleives I
drove the Q with a busted timing belt...he said "You broke the timing
belt?" I mentioned it was the 4k, he didnt remember me breaking it. Upon
further pondering, I remembered that it was when I busted my head
gasket... ran like poop (sorry for the vulgarity..) but it got me home...

bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily Down!!!)
               Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro