80Q dece

>From: "Bob D'Amato" <mx@snet.com>
>Date: Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
>Subject: 80Q decel
>I drove my wife's 80Q today, and found that when I let off the
>accelerator, it really snaps your neck. Anyone seen this? Any help
>mucho appreciated!
>bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily
>               http://home.earthlink.net/~willyt/deltat.html
>               Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro

Are we talking low to midrnage rpms?  At times my '88 90Q does this,
but it is something you learn to avoid...  It does not seem
noticeable at higher rpms...

I think the deceleration programing is a little (nah, a lot)
aggressive on cutting fuel on over-run.  At almost anytime over
about 1500 rpm the little sucker will snap the differential pressure
regulator to full lean, which I think essentialy shuts off fuel to
the FI system. (Note to techies, full lean is -99(-50?) mA - normal
control range is 0 to 10 mA).

Allan D. Morris
Phoenix, AZ
1988 90Q