[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
20 Valve Loss of HP and MPG
I'm not sure if this message went through the first time so here it is
Car: 1991 90Q 20V
Problem: About 6 months ago I observed my car had noticeable less HP and
Mileage had dropped by about 15%. All my driving habits have remained the
same and I cannot figure out what the problems is.
The car runs well and does not feel rough. Idle is normal (750-800RPM). No
warning lights are lit.
This is what I have done to try and correct the issue:
1. Replace the O2 sensor
2. Replace the air filter
1. Changed all drive fluids to RedLine (not necessarily related)
2. Changed all belts including timing and H2O pump.
3. Oil changes and fuel additives on regular interval
4. Emissions are very clean (DMV Test)
1. The engine does not kill or sputter when removing the oil cap (is this
2. the crank case breather hose is squishy (is this bad?).
3. Knock sensor or engine management system problems
4. Plugged Cat Converter
Any help would be appreciated.