[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: ur-quattro
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:00:22 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199610170110.VAA20148@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:00:22 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Thu, 17 Oct 1996 15:00:23 +0012
- Priority: normal
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11AA8BC01500
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;0822001517101996/A08855/CSAV10]
..>From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steven Buchholz)
..>Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 14:41:17 -0700
..>> ..>It was once described as having the aerodynamics of a housebrick.
..>> the [lack of] aerodynamics are the most obvious detractions of the ur-quattro when
..>> compared to the s2/s4/s6 etc.
..>... but then Beauty is in the eye of the beholder ... I prefer the urQ's looks.
yes so do i, but the s2 grows on you. the detraction with the ur-q is the wind noise
which is a pain when travelling at speed. directly related to the [lack of] aerodynamics.
..>> the ur-q was (and still is) one of the 2 cars audi have made which are classics. the
..>> basic shape didn't change significantly from the 1980 geneva motor show until people
..>> stopped buying them in 1991.
..>I'd be interested in hearing what car you think the other classic would be ...