Re: vacuum pump clacker

On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Gary G. Erickson wrote:

> I don't think you'll notice any loss at all.  At speed you have the
> assistance from the intake, and at stop it doesn't take much pressure to
> stay stopped.  Especially if you are running anything better than the
> stock pads.

(just the opposite here...) At speed you have your vaccum resevoir, at
idle, you have max vacuum in the engine. Anyway... I havent had the rod
in my pump for quite a while now, and there is no noticeable difference.
Even my wife cant tell the difference. So in my book, it isnt really
needed that much.

bob.damato@snet.com (Temporarily Down!!!)
               Drive Safe, Drive Fast, Drive a Quattro