Re: foggin it up

> >You are absolutely correct, snow does accumulate on the headlights
> >and people DO NOT CLEAN it, you will be amazed to see people
> >driving around with a large piles of snow on the car, truck roof and
> >when they brake it all goes on the windshield and they can see s$%^.
> <pet peeve mode> I hate this! Freaking idiots think that they can scrape
> small hole in the ice on their windshield and go off on their merry

Don't forget another cool feature of New England weather:  that melt/freeze
cycle. This allows the snow you haven't cleaned off to turn into a buildup
of 1/2" or so of ice, with a little "snow" on top, on the roof of the
vehicle. It's a real treat when Dudley Doofus pulls onto the interstate and
this sheet of cement catches the wind and "lifts off" in front of you.

Seen frequently during the Huw-&-Paul-wrecking rains recently, don't forget
folks who think that wipers on "fast" also clean the pavement; they can
drive 80 without hydroplaning--not that I care as long as they don't hit
me! (Thomas Jefferson (?) "...your fist...my nose")

Like the guy on Hill Street Blues said,
"Be careful out there"

James Marriott, BSME
work:  Manchester, NH, USA  marriott@Summa4.COM (603)625-4050 x 2539
home:  Auburn, NH, USA      marriott@grolen.com (603)483-8587

'64 Falcon Sprint Convertible--balanced & blueprinted 260 V-8
    GOES great. Stopping? 217k
'86 4000S        the better half's commuter (heated seats), 100k+
'87 4000CSQ      H-stock auto-x und daily driver, Kanc-1 veteran, 137k

If ignorance is bliss, then I'm          _____
                                        /     \
                                       | DUFUS |