Re: wet trunk status

Hairy green toads from Mars made Solomon Ngan say:

> Hi everyone,
> My wet trunk is still a puzzle to me.
> It has been dry (after two days of rain).
> This morning the rain stopped.  I parked my car on the drive way and
> did the water hose test.  Guess what, no water got inside.
> I hose it with full tap pressure, from top, back, underneath, side,
> you name it.  But nothing got in.   The gasket is dry, all bolts
> connections, light rims, everywhere is dry.  Occasionally a couple of
> water droplets appear around the "plastic plug" inside the trunk on
> either the passanger side or the drive side.  I believe it is from the
> wet trunk lid being open.   Just to be sure, I repeated the same
> test, and open the lid carefully, there was no water.

Is there some way water is getting up from underneath the car
when you drive in the rain?

Andrew L. Duane (JOT-7)			duane@zk3.dec.com
Digital Equipment Corporation		(603)-881-1294
110 Spit Brook Road
M/S ZKO3-3/U14
Nashua, NH    03062-2698

Only my cat shares my opinions, and she's too heavy to care.