80Q Electric door locks (NOT

The Audi gods are angry, demanding a sacrifice. As luck would have
I'm late for work this morning. I screech into my parking space, get
out, stick the key into the driver's door and turn it. Lock buttons
down, then... "clink" "snap". Now the driver's door lock won't work.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Is it a fiddly repair like the
power window cable things? Would I be better off replacing the whole
assembly? I think it's mechanical, 'cause the lock now feels funny.
it is electric, is there a manual override?

Advise please. Hopefully the passenger's door won't quit or I'll
really be screwed.

}:-( Grrrrrrr....