[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: 80Q Moose in the Heater
In response to your questions, if your 80 is like my Coupe:
1) Yes; the fan bearings are shot
2) Considering the trouble to get at the fan, no
3) See (2); don't know if lubing it will cure it (never tried). Mine had
a LOT of lateral play, however.
4) Take out the glovebox; look for the screws around the perimeter
behind the glovebox door. You'll then see the fan mounting on the air
plenum; unscrew these screws and disconnect the power leads. Now,
with a lot of wiggling, prying, and forcing, you should get the old fan
(there is just a little lack of room between the fan mounting and the
Ray Calvo (email@example.com)
1990 Coupe Quattro
In a message dated 96-11-14 12:33:15 EST, you write:
Now that the weather has turned cold in the North-East, I want to use
the heater in my car. When I turn the fan on, however, it sounds like
there is a sick moose bellowing in my dash.
1) Has anyone else encountered this?
2) Is there a quick fix for this?
3)Can it be fixed by lubricating the fan?
4)Where is the fan?