[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Hosed again!

Hey folks,
    Checked the mail today and I got my part from Carlsen. OR so I thought!
Linda sent me the wrong part, so here I am again.. asking you to help me out.
I need to describe the part to her so that I can get the right one. 
I thought I had described it adequately, but apparently not. 

Anyway, from the valve cover towards the rear, you can find a T-junction.
One line off the T runs toward the passenger side, the other towards the driver
side. We're looking at the one running towards the driver side. The Rubber T is
connected to a hard-plastic/metallic? hose (which runs over the tube which holds
the spark plug wires together) and is connected to a larger diameter Rubber
hose. This  soft rubber hose is the part we want. It  has a diameter of
perhaps 3". If you were to look right below the distributor cap, you would see
it. Mine is all melted and needs replacement.

                               -Osman Parvez
                                89 200q (149K miles)
                                Siena College
                                Albany NY