[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: Hosed again!

SOP8920@Siena.edu wrote:
> Hey folks,
>     Checked the mail today and I got my part from Carlsen. OR so I thought!
> Linda sent me the wrong part, so here I am again.. asking you to help me out.
> I need to describe the part to her so that I can get the right one.
> I thought I had described it adequately, but apparently not.
> Anyway, from the valve cover towards the rear, you can find a T-junction.
> One line off the T runs toward the passenger side, the other towards the driver
> side. We're looking at the one running towards the driver side. The Rubber T is
> connected to a hard-plastic/metallic? hose (which runs over the tube which holds
> the spark plug wires together) and is connected to a larger diameter Rubber
> hose. This  soft rubber hose is the part we want. It  has a diameter of
> perhaps 3". If you were to look right below the distributor cap, you would see
> it. Mine is all melted and needs replacement.
> Help!
> Thanks.
>                                -Osman Parvez
>                                 89 200q (149K miles)
>                                 Siena College
>                                 Albany NYOsman:
Sounds like the "crankcase ventilation hose " part # 034 103 221D for an 
875kCSTQ . Does it change in diameter at the bottom end and connects to 
an extension on the bottom side of the engine block?
Good luck