Re: A4 Driveline Shudder

There maybe a service bulletin on it. The 100/A6 V6 has a similar problem
at a particulat rpm. If I remember correctly it has something to do with
the position of the exhaust pipes. If you look under a V6 you'll notice
the catalytic converters are mounted to some spring loaded mounting they
look like they are adjusterable. There was a technical service bulletin
on the subject for the 100/A6 with the V6.

If I remembered correctly Jim Griffins' 100 V6 has that adjustment done. So
maybe some of the A4s with the V6 are suffering from the same problem.

I do agreed with you that the V6 is extremely smooth and quiet. I kind
of taken it for granted until yesterday I drove a loaner 96' Jetta GLS. It
only has 8,600 miles on it, and man it was gutless and noisy.

Anthony Chan, First Hill, Seattle, WA, USA.
92' 100 V6 Tornado Red.