[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Help buying: '93 90q
I have the possibility of buying a '93 90q, 5 speed. It seems in very
good condition, but... I had it checked at a local dealer.
- Compression test: 1-140, 2-135, 3-140,4-165,5-160, 6-165
? Does that seems OK?. The car has 137K km.
- Leaks at right and left shaft seals
- Leaking left valve cover gasket
- Possibly power steering leaks (oil present, not confirmed)
- stiff rear caliper, worn front pads and disks
- struts bearings worn, and misc: lighter not working, trunk lock
(All this for 2900$C, parts+labour)
Also: engine was in need of 2 liters of oil.
I normally do the work on my cars. But there are no shop manual for '93
(from Bentley). I know that most of the gasket/seals have been upgraded
from the environnement friendly original to better ones (transmission,
etc..).Timing belt was replaced in June, along with the clutch. I know
the owner and the car was well maintained at the dealer (different one).
- Should I be concerned with the engine?
- Can I get some shop manual somewhere or do I have to pay the dealer?
- Any pointers to anything else to check?
- Canadian parts suppliers? (reliable...)
I offered 15K C$. Is that too much?
Yves Bordeleau Montreal, Quebec
'84 Scirocco (255K, needs work)
'74 Westfalia (asleep for winter)
'72 911S Targa (awaiting a new front pan, cam timing,...)