Re: Coupe going to rear disc brakes

> >I installed rear discs from a 1985 VW GTI (to keep my 4x100 wheels).
> >There was no need to get a different master cylinder.  Little
> >adjustment on the proportioning valve on the rear axle and in no time
> >I had the rear tires locking up before the fronts.
> >It made a night and day difference.  The brake pedal got harder and
> >less pressure was required to stop the car.  Also this was before I
> >went in for the 10.1" discs in front, so fade that was noticed before
> >(under heavy play) was gone with rear discs.
> >
> >quattro@rogerswave.ca
> I hope that was a typo and you actually meant you adjusted to make the
> fronts lock up first.
> Otherwise you must like spinning down the highway:-)
> Anyway sounds like a good and easy upgrade.

I do enjoy oversteer and feel more safe feeling the rear end slide
slightly rather than front end going wide.  I also do a lot of left
foot braking so this set up really helped.
When the fronts lock up you loose steering so also I enjoy
having a bit of worning first too.  I have been driving like that for
three years and so far so good.  BTW I do drive my cars a bit hard
for the age they are in.
Martin Pajak

1982 Coupe (430,000 km)
1984 4000s quattro (320,000 km under the wrench)
1970 Porsche 911E Targa (also under the wrench)

Who put my tools in the dishwasher?