[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: quattro-digest V3 #1563
- To: "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: quattro-digest V3 #1563
- From: Dave Eaton <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:40:10 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199612192044.PAA24631@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:40:10 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Fri, 20 Dec 1996 11:40:10 +0012
- Priority: normal
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ua-Content-Id: 11ACA2E80700
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;5010401120121996/A98635/CSAV10]
a bit out of left field for this one, but you do have the option of running audi
imsa pistons which requires an oversize bore (can't remember exactly how much
though), while you can keep the original crank.
nothelle use these pistons for their 2.5l i5 conversion although with a longer stroke
and new crankshaft.
..>From: email@example.com (Phil Payne)
..>Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 16:06:27 GMT
..>Subject: MB engine - oversize pistons
..>John Robinson, who cannot be with us tonite(tm) because he has neither a
..>computer nor an email account, has an MB engine at 155k miles.
..>It's in little pieces, and obviously requires reboring and oversize pistons.
..>However, the Audi microfiche define no oversize option for the MB engine -
..>there are three for the older ur-quattro engines, but nothing for the MB or RR.
..>a) The original piston is 034 107 065L. Is this piston used in any other
..> applications for which oversizes are defined?
..>b) South Hereford Audi has come up with two part numbers - Mahle 0348 002 and
..> KS938 986 10. Does anyone recognise these basic syntaxes and have any
..> experience of the products?
..>The other problem is that, even using these sources, the most we can find is
..>four pistons - not a lot of use in a 5-pot engine. My own interest is that my
..>engine, while not as heavily abused as John's, is at 134k miles.
..>(And if there are any children watching - this is what happens if you
..> drag-race cold engines! _You_ won't be this silly, will you, children?)