[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Alternator whine on RADIO
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Alternator whine on RADIO
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:52:33 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 (22)
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [/PRMD=CHRYSLER/ADMD=IBMX400/C=US/;0041200001533816000002]
- X400-Originator: firstname.lastname@example.org
- X400-Recipients: email@example.com
This ones for the Audiophiles in the group:
Just installed an aftermarket radio in my 86 5KCSTQ. I used the
factory speakers and hooked directly to the factory wiring for them
including the rears with the Audi amp.
I get a tremendous amount of engine speed dependent alternater whine
through the unit. I tried powering and grounding the unit directly at
the battery...no change. I installed a quality noise supressor in
line with the power from the battery....no change. I tried replacing
the altenator with a rebuilt Bosch unit....no change.
In a last attempt I removed the belt to see what the difference
was...much better (no more high pitched whine) with a hint of engine
spark noticable (I think I need new plug wires anyway. Next week).
The factory radio had a bit of whine also before I removed it but due
to the low power amp it was more tolerable.
ANY ideas?? I've been tuneless for a month and am going crazy:-s
86 5Kcstq w/o any tunes...