Re: Radio antenna on 97 A4Q

Lebel.G writes:
>      Can anyone confirm whether the radio antenna on a 97 A4Q is mounted
>      in the front or rear window? I need to have the front windshield
>      replaced. I believe it's in the rear window, but wondered what purpose
>      the black band around the front windshield served?

The black band is to hide the adhesive that is used to bond the windshield
to the car.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 Turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/