Re: revs hang, then drop after a sec.

> Just noticed something unusual (87 5kcstq-stock). When I let off the gas as I
> shift, the revs hang for just a second, before dropping. This repeats if in
> neutral I hold the revs for a few seconds and then let off-revs stay up for a
> second before dropping down.
The same thing is happening with a 1988 5kcstq (stock) that I know
of.  I thinnk this problem coused his premature clutch brakedown.
He did not wait for the RPM's to drop.
I would like to find out what couses it as well.
Martin Pajak

1982 Coupe (438,000 km)
1984 4000s quattro (320,000 km under the wrench)
1970 Porsche 911E Targa (also under the wrench)

Who put my tools in the dishwasher?