Re: A4 1.8T Center console (not)

Michael R. Leavitt writes:
> I am soon to be the proud owner of an A4 1.8T.  One of the differences
> between the 4 and the 6 appears to be a center console on the 6, and none
> on the 4.  Has anyone looked into buying one designed for the 6 and fitting
> it to the 4 somehow?  (Is this problem on a FAQ somewhere?)

This has been talked about on the list.  Check the archives.
There is no difference in the center console between the A4 2.8
and the 1.8T; except that on the 2.8 cars, the console is finished
with wood whereas the 1.8T has black plastic.

The 2.8 models have a foldable armrest with built-in storage bin
(phone holder), the 1.8T models don't.  The armrest can be retrofitted
to the 1.8T.  The dealer can get the part.

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 Turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/