carb to injection?

I spent yesterday trying to sort out the erratic auto-choke on my 85 coupe
GT (unsuccesfully).Does anyone have any experience of converting the four
cylinder cars to fuel injection? The engine code is:DS,and I need to know
if I can get away with just a top-end job or would pulling the whole lump
be the only solution?
  Also,I did the cam-belt last weekend,what genius used hex bolts on the
alternator/water-pump pulleys? Have these been replaced or is this factory

If it's anything like my 5-cyl (which the Haynes Manual tells me is
basically a 4-cyl 1600 bolck with an extra pot),  The injectors actually go
into the head, so unless you have screw out plugs, to be replaced with
injector sleves.  The reason I found this out is because I've been trying to
find out if I could convert mine from Injection to Carb, since I have been
having so many problems with the system.

I think Phil Payne mentioned that the injection system needs an overhall
between 120k and 160k, so if you'd be looking around for a second hand
system, make sure it's after this overhall, or I expect you'll expreience
similar problems to myself.

If you do go to injection, don't forget the fuel pump, easily missed when
taking the manifold, airbox etc of the donor car.

I say replace the auto choke, and carry on driving, if this is all that is
wrong with it.

Good Luck,

82 Audi 100 5E 2144cc inj (142k)
84 Mitsubishi Galant Turbo (96k and rusty)
80 Rover 2600S SDI(46k yes, 46k and on head #5 or will be)
Of all these cars, only the Audi is still running... just!
Mike Walder                   | email:   miwa@premier.co.uk
Computer Hardware Engineer    |          michael@dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk
Undergraduate Computer Science| WWW:     www.dcs.rhbnc.ac.uk:80/~michael
at The University of London.  | Fax:     01344 776677