Re: Audi 100 Coupe in C&S

Perci Hala <sk0ph@cadvision.com> wrote:

>If we are talking about the same car as the 100Coupe in the 1997 Audi
>Calendar >(December),
>there is one in Calgary, but they were never officially imported to
>Canada. >Pity. Anybody ever
>seen a 100 Avant (Fastback 5000, not wagon, like the picture in the Haynes
>>manual Pg5) ??

They were popular cars here in the late 70s/early 80s. Audi used too much
recycled steel in the 77-82 100s though so they rusted like mad, and bought
up and shredded most of the early cars to avoid getting a bad rep here.
Owners were offered a more than fair deal if they traded in their cars on
the new model. I always thought this was the reason Audi started
galvanising their cars. I don't think I've seen an early Avant here in the
last five years. The contemporary 80 wasn't as rust-prone- plenty of those
still around (at least early 80s examples- they weren't too popular here in
the 70s).

>BTW, weren't the 100Coupes called Avant?

Nope, that came in '77, with the car you mentioned above.

           "The prince wants your daughter for his wife."
              "Well, tell him his wife can't have her."
                                         -- Blackadder III