Re: Audi A4 and Wind Noise?

Sean Kennedy writes:
> I just test drove and Audi A4 1.8T manual.  I like everything about this
> car except one thing. I was surprised by how much wind noise there was.
> I was not sure where it was coming from.  I am I just being
> oversensitive, or did was there somethign wrong with the car I test
> drove, or does it actually have a lot of wind noise?

My A4 is pretty quiet as far as wind noise goes, except a faint,
intermittent whistle emanating from the driver side view mirror.
This only occurs at around 70mph and only when the wind flow is a
certain way, and I hear it only when my stereo isn't playing.
I also notice wind noise when there is very strong crosswind gusts.

Was the sunroof or any window open in the car you drove?  That
could explain the wind noise...

96 A4 2.8 quattro
84 5000S 2.1 turbo
80 4000 2.0
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/