RE: anybody ever put urquattro fenders on a 4000 quattro?

TAP does not sell ur-q fenders.  What they have available are the fender "bubbles" in fiberglass.  Craig Jones has installed these on his car but does not recommend them if you want a factory quality appearance.  To get a factory appearance you must use the metal fenders and quarter panel from a ur-q.  This is what I am doing on my 4kq project.