[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Car: '87 5ktq - chipped
History: Owned since new, religious oil changes, sythetic since 72k
Problem: Oil river by oil gasket. Car runs fine with oil cap off, and
dipstick pull, no difference.
* PCV system for obstruction = clear
* Oil drainback holes = clear
* Oil jet fitting in head = yes
* Compression tested = 130psi all cyl (with plug pull one at a time)
* Leak down not dropping on any one cyl steady and consistent cyl to cyl
* New valve cover gasket
* No obstruction in block feed hole to PCV
* Removed and clamped pcv at valve air boot. Open block and cover, car
still leaks oil, runs fine.
* New lifters
* It seems that a lot of oil is at the head, with obstructed drainback (why
car runs with oil cap off). Dave Lawson suggests oil pressure test = today.
* Any other ideas or similar experiences from the list?
Any ideas on this greatly appreciated. Haven't seen this in 50 5k's I've
come in contact with to date.