[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
timing a 4kq
>> My car is in the shop, getttin new rotors and pads. I have asked this
guy about increasing my timing to get a little more oomph at higher RPM.
He said he can do that and metioned something like 10 degrees or so.<<
(1) Ignition timing or valve timing?
(2) If valve timing, you don't advance, you retard
(3) If valve timing, 10 deg is a *lot*
(I dont know. Maybe that's 1 tooth on the belt? Seems more like 2-3)
(4) The tradeoff is low end torque (not a good tradeoff for street driving
(5) If you are talking ignition timing, 10 deg is likely to cause significant