Re: QLCC overshoot

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Steven Buchholz wrote:

> > > with a stock spring however would be rather slow to get to the
> > > desired boost level and wouldn't overshoot.
> >
> > I have seen this in Brian Vinson's car.  He had the stock spring, with my
> > ECU which has the QLCC chip.  It felt very good, but did indeed take a
> > little longer to get up to boost.
> >
> ... what do you all mean by "stock" spring?  My stock spring wouldn't give
> me anything above normal boost (1.2-1.3 bar) with the QLCC chip.  I've

	I mean the wastegate spring that came with the car from the
factory.   I have a bunch of them here. :-)

> never put a separate gauge on it, but I now get 1.5 bar indicated after
> installing the Charlie Smith spring ...

That sounds about right.   If you add the washer/spacer, you should get a
little more.

I was successful in Brian Vinson's car with the stock wastegate spring,
but Gross Scrugs is having trouble with his.   I suspect that the ECU is
holding back based on a temp sensor or something like that, because
Gross' car sometimes does run up to 1.8bar.   You might check out your
sensors and plumbing also.

Graydon D. Stuckey

"Cool name man!" - Jay Graydon   :-)