Re: re :idle

In a message dated 97-05-30 01:46:37 EDT, rjandrew@post.cis.smu.edu (R Justin
Andrews) writes:

<< Well, I went ot get the emissions done today and it failed.
 HC to high. traced it out to a cold starting injector that was mechanically
 stuck ON. This would explain the idle being fine when cole and getting
 the warmer it gets. WOuld also explain the horrible gas mileage I was
 BTW, the way I tracked this down was I disconnected the secondary fuel pump
 it didn't change the idle much, as too where it used to stall out.
 well, now it stalls again if idling and disconnected.
 Rich Andrews >>

Just curious, did you see what appeared to be soot (like from a diesel motor)
coming out the exhaust?  This is what happened on a friends 4k (no q), and
was also due to the stuck open cold start injector.

-Ingo Rautenberg
'90 V8Q  171+k   http://members.aol.com/Quattringo/index.html
'85 4kq 130k