Re: A4 Avant 1.8t

firkins@eis.net.au (John Firkins) wrote:

>Is the A4  Avant available with the turbo?
>My brother wants one, but the dealers claims they're not being produced

They might not be _available_ in your country, but they are being produced.
In fact, if I get out of my chair and walk over to the window, I can see
one parked opposite the building I live in. It's dark blue metallic,
slightly lowered and has the Audi 5-spoke alloys. Yummy! Shame it's not a

PS the 30v 2.8 might be a nice alternative. Not as tuneable, but bags of
torque and soooo smooth- you can barely hear it running when idling.

1988 Audi 80 1.8S, Tizianrot metallic, 210,000km

                   When aiming for the common denominator,
             be prepared for the occasional division by zero.