Re:help find vacuum leak?/stupid human tricks revisited

-- [ From: Huw Powell * EMC.Ver #3.1a ] --

>> Can I use Brake cleaner or other volatile material to find a vacuum leak?
>> it safe for any gaskets and stuff in and around the throttle body and
>> flow and such?  Thanks.

>Audi recommend (but not in North America, or they might get sued) an unlit
propane torch.

After all the jeers when I suggested it months back, it was refreshing for
me to find, in a troubleshooting column in some 8 page industry rag (for
auto repair shops) a reference to the "standard propane method" of finding
vacuum leaks.  Just do it outside, wear goggles and gloves, and make sure
there's film in the camera....

Huw Powell
HUMAN Speakers