[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

Re: Ur-Q rally cars...

John Firkins wrote:
> >>..
> >> Interesting stuff ... anybody know where
> >> I can find some more photos to study?
> >>..
> >Contact the FIA at http://www.fia.com and try to get the
> >orginal homologation papers for the ur-q. If the car , you
> >saw on that , picture did compete in any offical FIA
> >championships , the mods are in the homologation papers.
> The same sort of setup is also on the sport. They dont show any drawings
> but they are listed as radius rods.  Retrofitting the rears would be simple
> enough, assuming you already have the fabricated lower arms which go with
> the adjustable struts that the rally car has. I suspect that the front
> would involve much more work, since the rally car & the sport have a
> tubular setup for the front support panel (the bit wot the grill mounts
> to). I'm sure that if anyone wants to spend enough money, Bruno Kriebeck
> would do the work for you. He also has the struts. (so do I but I'm not
> selling!)
> Cheers
> John Firkins

Why do you think that would aneone need them for street use. Do es aneone
routinely break off controll arms. These controll arms are made of 
chrommoly tubing for strenght and are mounted to stronger subframes.
All together it is a stronger setup. On street car if you add these links 
and control arms you will end up with damaged subframe. Frank Sprongle 
can fabricate all that for you or purchase it from Audi motorsports after 
he stops loughing at use of all this for street. By the way Homologation 
papers can be purchased from FIA office in US for $100.00 . If aneone 
wants to bother I can provide phone #.
          Mike Z