[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Drove my 5000csq to work during which time my other car was hail damaged.
Farmers sent me to their COD shops for "estimate" Amount seemed low to me so
I asked the wife to get some more estimates- none of the body shops in Denver
would attempt to give estimate once they found out it was a Farmers insured
vehicle- you would think they saw a ghost. Have since been told that Farmers
will pay the shop whatever the final bill comes to once the car is repaired.
Since my deductable is $500 I have decided not to fix it. I cannot get an
unbiased "cash" estimate- it's in everyones favor- except mine to low ball
the estimate and collect after the repair.
So have I been asleep and missed the change in car insurance? I feel that a
loss is either now or at trade in time and if I keep the cash I am not making
money, only even.
Any insights from the list welcome. Thanks JD in Denver