[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Audi S4 questions
I have located a red 92 S4 at an independent dealer in my area. This is
the first S4 I have driven and I am not very familiar with them. This
car has the cross brace on the front struts and 17 inch wheels on it,
car was just amazing to drive, however I would opt to go back to the 16
inch wheels since the ride was slightly harsh and the steering wanted to
follow every crack in the road. I have a few questions for the list
pertaining to the evaluation of this car:
- are there any problem areas to be aware of on the 92 version of
the S4 ?
- the boost readout gauge is stuck at 1.0 ?? it accelerates
nicely but not what I would expect, how can I check out if the turbo
is working properly?
- with high mileage, are these cars prone to the same failures
as the 5KCSQ family of cars? I have already replaced many of the
expensive parts on my Q and am not eager to start over again
- the car has 54K miles on it, the dealer does not have a warrany of
his own but for a price will provide me with an extended warranty,
basicaly an insurance policy, does anyone have any experience
with these policys and are they worth the money?
- Does the Audi exterior color red hold up well over time? currently it
looks real nice but I'm concerned after the car is 10 years old
with the right care will it still look good?
Thanks in advance for your help,
85 BMW 325e
88 Audi 5KCSQ pearl (may be looking for a new home real soon)
94 kciub Roadmonster wagon