Re: Vanity plate maddness! Advice?

Kwattro@aol.com writes:
> [ vanity plates ]  Can anyone tell me what they pay for theirs?

Here in California, The vanity plates (called ELP "Environmental
License Plate", because that's supposedly where the money goes to)
costs $41 one time charge to get, and then it's about $20 a year
additional added to the regular vehicle registration fee.

Pretty reasonable, I think.  I have vanity plates on all of my Audis.

96 A4 2.8 quattro "AUTI Q"
84 5000S 2.1 turbo "AUTI 3"
80 4000 2.0 "AUTI 1"
(used to have another 84 5000S turbo "AUTI 2".  R.I.P.).
   ///   AMB Research Laboratories, Sunnyvale, CA. USA
  ///    Internet: ti@amb.org
 //////  UUCP:     ...!uunet!bazooka!ti
///      URL:      http://sunsite.unc.edu/~cddb/tikan/