Re: Those dirty A4 wheels...

> Rodney Henderson <rhender@flash.net> said:
> >I purchased an A4 1.8T a couple of months ago (my first Audi) and
> >I'm really enjoying it.  The only problem I'm having is the brake
> >dust on the front wheels.  I tried wiping down the wheels with a wet
> >paper towel every day and that keeps the wheels clean, but am I
> >scratching the wheels?  If I shouldn't do this, is there something
> >else I can do to help keep the wheels clean?

No offense, but isn't brake dust a fact of life.  :(

Daily cleanings seem a bit excessive to me, or are the A4 pads unusually
soft thereby producing more dust than "normal"?  Also, I don't recall
there being a whole lot of nooks and crannies on the 5-spoke wheels that
would make cleaning a b!tch.  With the TSWs on my 4kq, I find that a
weekly regimen of cleaning is important to keep the wheels looking good
and for my own mental health.  If I were more fanatic, I'd do it more
often, but daily cleanings might interfere with the complex spousal
negotiations surrounding the purchase of a new A4 30v.  I can hear it
now, "Why on earth do you clean those wheels every day?  You're so
obsessed with this Audi thing that I think it's clouding your
judgement.  You need to see someone about this disease."  My reply,
"That seems a little bit extreme don't you think.  I'd prefer to think
of it as a condition, not a disease."

Not to start another wheel cleaner debate, but I've found P21S, a soft
brush or rag, and lots of water to be the most effective cleaner for me.

Mark Hilbush
Baltimore, MD
87 4kq

        -- Albert Einstein