Re: timing belt change interval

i'm just going through this drama for my 20v ur-q (interference).  it recently
had it's annual service, and although it's got 92,000km's on the clock, the cam
belt wasn't changed.  i queried this afterwards and was told that, while they
inspect at 100kms, they don't replace until 120,000.  at the rate i put miles
on the ur-quattro, it'd be another 2 years until the belt gets changed...

seems very high to me, still the belt life could have been improved on the 20vt

anyone else out there gone to 120km's on a 20vt with the original belt?

'95 rs2
'90 ur-q