Oil Pan PM

In message <FA45D63301A5AAAA@xgate.usia.gov> "Armstead, Brian" writes:

> Just wondering if I should pull the oil pans on both my cars (both in the
> low to mid 100K range) to see if  the oil pick up is partially clogged?
> Is this a good p.m. move?

No.  We pulled mine after the turbo disaster to make sure no debris had reached
the pan - at around 100k miles there was no sign whatever of any accumulation.

Even with symptoms like an erratic oil light, it's one of the last things to
look for.

 Phil Payne
 (Anyone got a use for a 19mm Allen driver?)