[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: BTCC from Knockhill
- To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: BTCC from Knockhill
- From: Dave Eaton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 16:00:54 +0012
- Autoforwarded: false
- Disclose-Recipients: prohibited
- Hop-Count: 1
- Importance: normal
- In-Reply-To: <199708040246.WAA12648@coimbra.ans.net>
- Mr-Received: by mta MOEMR0.MUAS; Relayed; Mon, 04 Aug 1997 16:00:54 +0012
- Mr-Received: by mta CSAV10; Relayed; Mon, 04 Aug 1997 16:00:55 +0012
- Sender: email@example.com
- Ua-Content-Id: 11B824003600
- X400-Mts-Identifier: [;7654001604081997/A70191/CSAV10]
biela won the 2nd race from bintcliffe and now moves into 2nd in the
championship, although still about 100 points adrift. the fat lady is on the
the recent performance difference is not so much the weight penalty although
that has obviously helped, but a new engine and new tyres from dunlop.
interestingly this tyre has unequal length sidewalls....
can't help but feel that audi were caught napping this year. they won so
easily last year.
persistant rumours this year about audi going head to head with mercedes and
bmw in the fia gt championship, and also of board battles within the vw group
over vw's plans for the same championship (in part as justification for vw's
new competitions department).
as i can't see how audi are going to make their fwd class 2 racer
implementation competitive (front hanging engine == excessive ront tyre wear),
the gt championship would be a face saving way out because of the fia's
hypocracy over quattro).
>Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 23:14:40 +0200 (MET DST)
>From: Tom Nas <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>Just finished watching the video of the BBC's coverage of the latest rounds
>in the BTCC from Knockhill, Scotland. Through a power outage (@##%#$!) I
>lost the recording of the second race- anyone else care to report?