Re: 5KCSTQ 1.8T?

At 12:21 PM 8/14/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 MSV96@aol.com wrote:
>> In a message dated 8/13/97 Ti Kan writes:
>> <<Despite its great power potential of the 1.8T, turbo and all, a four is a
>> four and lacks the suaveness of the V6...>>
>> And the I5 2.2t for that matter....which is why I feel that Audi made a HUGE
>> marketing mistake deciding not to continue developing that motor for export
Graydon Stuckey responded...
>Hmmmm, I think they were long overdue in canning the I-5.  It was a dumb
>design in the first place, but it was advanced enough to work for them in
>the early '80s.  In 1997, the I-5 is hopelessly outclassed by all the
>multi-valve V6s and V8s on the market.   I do wish they had replaced it
>with a turbo V6 S series car.   Maybe we'll get that soon though. :-)

>Graydon D. Stuckey
Gosh Graydon, now I am going to feel hopelessly outclassed every time I blow
by one of those slick '90s multivalve V6 or V8 cars.  Seriously, I would
also like a V6 turbo, but you know it is gonna be expensive!  There seems to
be no substitute for a turbo at high altitude.

Ralph Poplawsky
Boulder, CO.
'91 200TQ