Hand signal for listers?

In message <970821161759_-1033918590@emout03.mail.aol.com> MSV96@aol.com writes:

> Wolff has a good point. Since we live in (almost) the same town we may even
> wave to each other someday. Four fingers...hmm, not bad.

John Robinson and I agreed last week that the greeting we will use in the
future will be the single middle finger, extended vertically from the closed
It represents the willingness of a fellow nutcase to lend the critically
required sixth finger needed to keep all six O-rings in position on the barrel
ports when gently lowering the barrel back into the top of the fuel metering
head.  Damn job isn't possible with only five fingers.

 Phil Payne