Plug wire prices

>Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 00:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
>From: AudiJeep@aol.com
>Subject: Plug wire prices

>Finally got the new Bosch tri-electrode plugs into my '92 100S. But a
>of the plug wires looked a little rough. Called a local parts supplier
>said only Bosch made the plug wires for my car. The price: $213 for the
>How and the hell can 6 wires be worth over $200. Anyone else out there
>of a place that sells these wires any cheaper? Any quality alternative
>wires out there? TIA.

>'92 100S (66k)

Bosch has a large markup on their prices.  You need to find a dealer
that will sell with lower markup than Bosch recommends.  I just got a
qoute of $120 for your set and $57 for a 5 cylinder.  I get a mechanic
discount.  This discount is something I retained from my Porsche VW
wrenching days.  I don't get the highest discount available.

No, I don't want to sell any just letting you know the discount that is

The guy I do business with recently bought an 86 4KSQ and is interested
in the Q-list.  I'm sending the info to him today.  Maybe another Q-list
parts discount possibility.

If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.