rumor mill

A paragraph from Issue #6 of "Touring Car Worldwide", "front row"
    "I DON'T BELIEVE IT" Craziest rumour to reach our ears this
    month suggests that Audi will hand over its Super Touring
    programme to sister company Volkswagen at the end of `97,
    front-wheel drive development being transferred to VW's
    Passat leaving Audi free to start its strongly rumoured GT
    programme.  We don't believe a word of it now, but
    Volkswagen has recently signed up to Super Touring's FIA
    working groups..."
FWIW --Gary