Re: Tail Lamps Red, and 79-82 A100/200

Mike Walder <miwa@premier.co.uk> wrote:

>1) Does anybody know how those red tail lights that flash amber work?  I
>need to convert some for a car I'm importing from the US.  I know these
>type of lights are fitted to late model Audis.

Amber bulbs, amber lens with thin red lines on it, thus making it appear
red when not working.

>2) Does anybody know if the tail lamp cluster is the same for the 81 Audi
>200, as for the 82 100?

I'm not exactly sure, but it should be. It's been some time since I saw an
early 200, but I think the only difference was in the headlights
(indicators in the bumper instead of beside the headlight).

Jeez, I'm starting to get an Audi lights fixation. Any cures?

1988 Audi 80 1.8S, Tizianrot metallic, 213,000km

                             "" -- Marcel Marceau