Re: info about car from numbers

>What info can be extracted from vehicle identification number and engine
>And can you tell me by these numbers when(as precise as possible) the
>car/engine is made. The car is Audi Coupe 84-85?
>Vehicle identification number: WAUZZZ85ZFA044751
>Engine Number: KV002025

Check out European Precision's on-line Audi VIN decoder at:
It'll tell you all you ever wanted to know about the VIN. Beware that I have found
a few errors there.

It looks like that Coupe is an '85 _model_ year. Does it have a tag on the driver's
door frame below the B-pillar? If so, it should have the month and year of
_production_ stamped on it.

Eric Renneisen
'90 CQ 20V  -  my 'racing-iron'  ;^)
Chattanooga, TN