C-GT maint. questions

Hey, what should my ignition timing be at for performance?!?  Anyone
know?  It's an '85 Coupe GT, basically stock, except for a Schrick
268/272 and some WR7DTC or whatever plugs, freeflow exhaust, etc.

And, if I was going to check my compression (again), how many times to I
crank it over?  I hate the feeling of cranking the starter over and
over.  It's like fingernails on a chalkboard or something to me.

Ken (more than a little jealous of my friends 'new' '93 Corrado SLC
|------------->Tolerate the freedom of others or lose
| 86 GT <Schrick/Borla/K+N/AZEV/ABT>, 85 4ksq <waiting for turbo>, 94
SL2 |